Saturday, September 4, 2010

Easy awesome potato side dish

I got this from my grandma who got it off the internet somewhere (I think).
The only thing you have to chop is onion, and you could probably leave that out if you don't like onion. I use my pyrex pan with the lid and the hot/cold carry case to take to potlucks, etc.

1 pkg frozen hash browns (cubed or southern style)
1/2 c. margarine or butter (softened)
1 tsp salt (you could probably leave this out if you are watching your sodium as canned soup usually packs plenty of sodium)
1/4 tsp pepper (I add more because I like pepper)
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. sour cream (low/no fat is fine)
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
2c. crushed cornflakes
1/4 c. melted margarine or butter

combine all but the last two ingredients and layer into a 9 x 13 pan
combine cornflakes and melted margarine and sprinkle over the top

bake at 350 for 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment